Friday, February 22, 2002

I don't know if this will work, or not. But, I find this particularly troubling. Now, I'm open to women having equal rights and all that good stuff, but I can't agree with them banning people simply because of their gender. Now, this is simply a website and a message board, but I can see it snowballing.

Isn't this exactly what "the man" did to them? Are they trying to overcompensate for that evil perpetuated by "the man?" I fully agree that men have been evil abusers of "womyn" and have subjected them to their will for entirely too long. In fact, I agree that it continues to this day. However, I don't agree that they should ban people simply because of their gender in participating in a discussion. To make matters worse, the leader of this particular discussion asks a woman to leave because she thinks she's a man. What is going on with this? I bet if I started a "man only" thread *anywhere* I'd get blasted out of the board. Same thing with a "white only" thread.

I don't know how to argue this. I can't agree with somebody forcing segregation, especially when they are a member of a traditionally segregated-against group.

No comments: