Thursday, March 21, 2002

Next thing to complain about... My right eyeball hurts like the dickens.. I think I have a persistent stye or something in it which rubs against my contact lens and hurts like hell. If I can make myself cry (pretty easy when I have this much pain in my eye) it tends to make it better.

Although, I am jealous of Holly who had that laser surgery on her eyes... now she doesn't have to worry about any of this stuff. I think I need to save up for the same thing.

But, I have to build a fence, first.. Went and bought the wood and stuff last night... I need to borrow Dad's (Marlon's) post hole digger and stake out the site. Friday night, I'll set out stakes.. I'll probably start digging those first holes, also, then, but it'll be dark before I really get a good start on it. I guess Saturday morning and early afternoon, I can do the same thing. I need to dig about 6 holes so I can lay out the corners.

I'm really excited about it, but I think Marlana isn't.. She says she'll be weeding (I don't really know why... We're putting down grass and it'll choke the weeds to death). I don't know.. I think it'll be fun to use my muscles and create something.

I'm jealous of Marlon working on his garage like he has been. I wish I could do something like that, too, but I don't currently have the money for it. It'll be great to add on to the house, but we'll need to worry about resale value.

I'm bored. I hate my job. But, I need to hang on to my insurance for the baby. I can appreciate that, but I really wish I could do something other than sit here tied to the chair.

Also, I need to bring up something to James... I need to talk about having the Area Desk do their job.

I was told that there was a problem of perception.. that the leads appear to not be working when they really are. I don't buy that for a second. There are too many leads and not enough work for them to do. I want to be a lead VERY badly, but there isn't room for another one. The ones we have sit around. If I got promoted to some sort of lead position, everything would get done too fast. What a bummer! All the other leads would get canned, or at least bitched at for not working up to their full potential.

I guess I'll never understand office politics enough to work only as hard as is required. I was also told (by James) that I came in working too hard, and achieving too much when I started. He didn't tell me that I was slacking off (which I am, but I don't know if he knows that), but said that the categories had changed and that I was a victim of circumstance. I exceeded all expectations for trainee, but now I am a level one representative. I am exceeding expectations to a degree, but not as much as I was before.

So, before I bore everyone to death and back, I'll post this and get on with my life.

No comments: